Un réseau de partage de ressources et d'expériences pour des villes nourricières
Permaculture Cuba 2012!
An Immersion Experience in Sustainable Urban Agriculture in the Heart of Cuba
Type: unpaid 7-week internship, programme fee
Organization: The Urban Farmer / University of Alberta / FANJ
Location: Sancti Spiritus, Cuba
For seven weeks in May and June of 2012, ten Canadians will have the opportunity to live, work and learn within the thriving urban agriculture and permaculture movements in Cuba. Grounded in a model of partnership, experiential education, and collaborative learning, this program will offer you:
• Extensive orientations in Canada and Cuba
• Workshops and dialogue on a variety of urban agriculture, food sovereignty, and permaculture themes (including a Cuban Permaculture Design Certificate!)
• Visits to cutting edge urban agriculture and permaculture sites in Havana and Sancti Spirtus, Cuba
• Extensive work with local leaders in the design and implementation of a new project site in Sancti Spiritus, Cuba
• Spanish language learning
• Immersion in the rich cultural life and natural beauty of the Sancti Spiritus region of Cuba
• An incredible and transformative opportunity to work with a group of others on a valuable and meaningful project
• Optional graduate level credit through the University of Alberta, Faculty of Extension
Now in its third year, this project is a partnership of The Urban Farmer, The University of Alberta Faculty of Extension, and the Antonio Nunez Jimenez Foundation for Nature and Humanity in Cuba. Space is limited and application interviews are conducted on an on-going basis.
To view the Permaculture Cuba 2012 brochure and application form on-line, please go to:
For more information, please contact:
* Ron Berezan, The Urban Farmer, theurbanfarmer shaw.ca*, 604 223-4800
* Dr. Mary Beckie, University of Alberta, Faculty of Extension, mary.beckie ualberta.ca*, 780 492-5163
When applying, please indicate that you saw this posting at GoodWorkCanada.ca.
Vues : 367